The Big Fibbers Storytelling Festival
The festival includes events for all ages:
- The Debby Brown YoungTales Storytelling clubs for elementary school children begins with meetings in schools all over the area.
- On campus storytelling performances take place during the festival week at each participating school.
- Public performances for all ages featuring national, regional, and local storytellers
- The signature Big Fibbers Contest for adults features tall-tale storytellers from all over
- The Debby Brown YoungTales Story Competition features storytellers 17 and under with stories of all genres.
2019 Festival Week Schedule
Rome City Auditorium
601 Broad Street, Rome, GA 30161
Friday, March 15
8 p.m. Opening Night with Andy & Bil
Saturday, March 16
9-11:30 a.m. Andy & Bil’s Workshop: The methods behind the madness! For storytellers, teachers, pastors, and all lovers of stories!
2 p.m. Debby Brown YoungTales Storytelling Competition: Selected students who participated in our YoungTales clubs show their stuff and compete for best teller.
5 p.m. 243rd* Big Fibbers Contest Tall tales from a dozen prevaricating provocateurs! Who will win the Whopper Hat and CASH PRIZES this year?
8 p.m. Andy & Bil’s Saturday Night! featuring the latest tales from these two national storytelling treasures.
Sunday, March 17
(Sunday events will be at Trinity-On-5th, 416 N 5th Ave)
8:30 a.m. Sacred Tellings I Stories of the heart by Andy & Bil
11 a.m. Sacred Tellings II Final stories from Bil & Andy.
* It’s really the 10th contest, but exaggeration is what it’s all about! Tall tales have been around since at least 1776 !
Monday through Friday, Mar. 11-15 Bil or Andy will visit each school involved in the YoungTales program to tell stories to all grade levels and meet
Full Festival $25 in advance, $35 at the door
(Does not include the workshop)
• Friday evening: $15
• Saturday workshop: $25
• Saturday 2 p.m.: YoungTales Competition
Free, but donations accepted
• Saturday 5 p.m.: $10
• Saturday 8 p.m.: $15
• Sunday performances: Free, but donations accepted.